Intimate Female Rejuvenation
What Can Votiva Do?
As an OB/GYN Dr. Russell has seen many patients who’ve struggled with getting help for sensitive feminine health and wellness problems. These intimate wellness issues are sometimes very difficult to talk about. Many women come to us suffering from:
- Vaginal Dryness
- Painful Intercourse
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Urinary Incontinence (Bladder Leakage)
We now have more revolutionary treatment options than ever before, and Votiva is one of the best treatments for female intimate rejuvenation and improving bladder control.
What Is Votiva?
Votiva is a painless, non-invasive radiofrequency treatment (heat energy) that tightens the vaginal and pelvic collagen. This vaginal rejuvenation treatment also strengthens the pelvic floor to allow better bladder control and generalized pelvic floor function. Votiva has been shown in medical studies to scientifically thicken collagen, increase healthy blood vessels, and initiate the repair of damaged nerves in the pelvic floor.
Who Benefits From Votiva?
Women who are experiencing vaginal atrophy, vaginal dryness and painful sex who want an alternative to hormone treatment. Breast cancer survivors who can’t use hormones may especially benefit. Women who are experiencing pain with intimacy that is caused the loss of vaginal elasticity and dryness, can also be helped.
Due to Votiva’s initiation of nerve repair, some women experience benefits beyond relief from vaginal pain and can return to having orgasms and more satisfying intimacy. Votiva can also be used to increase sensation for the woman and her partner by tightening the vaginal opening which helps both partners.
*For a comprehensive path to addressing intimacy issues we will occasionally recommend combining Votiva treatment with hormone balancing (BioTE Bioidentical Hormone Pellets) and PRP (the O-Shot using platelet rich plasma).
What Are Other Votiva Benefits?
Votiva provides a noninvasive alternative to tedious Kegel exercises or surgery for urinary incontinence. Unlike other laser vaginal treatments Votiva tightens the collagen and supports the bladder and urethra to improve bladder control and reduce both stress and urge incontinence. There is no downtime after a Votiva treatment and you can return to work, exercise and living right away.
*We often recommend a series of 3 Votiva sessions spaced over 3-4 months for optimal treatment of stress and some types of urge urinary incontinence.
What Causes Urinary Incontinence In Women?
- Women experience urinary when there is a weakening of the pelvic floor muscles that results in the loss of bladder control and the unintended release of urine.
- Women experience more urinary incontinence due to the extra stresses on the pelvic floor including repetitive stress, gravity, pregnancy, childbirth, and hormone changes like menopause.
- Urinary incontinence in women shows up as stress, urge, and mixed incontinence.
- Incontinence treatment options for women range from lifestyle changes that retrain the bladder (pelvic floor physical therapy) to non-invasive options like Votiva or PRP (specifically the O shot) to surgical procedures that reinforce the pelvic wall.
If you have urinary incontinence you’re not alone. Urinary incontinence affects millions of women in increasing numbers as women get older. During normal urination a woman’s bladder muscles contract while the sphincter muscles around the urethra relax, allowing for normal urination. If a woman’s sphincter muscles aren’t strong enough to hold back the urine, she has incontinence. We have solutions.
The Main Types Of Urinary Incontinence Include:
- Stress Incontinence — Occurs when the bladder releases urine when a woman coughs, laughs, sneezes. Leakage can also happen with exercise and lifting and even with simply standing up.
- Urge Incontinence — Classified by having a sudden and severe need to urinate and the inability to get to the bathroom in time.
- Mixed Incontinence — Includes both stress and urge incontinence symptoms.
- Overflow Incontinence — Occurs when urine is blocked from flowing normally out of the bladder. This can cause the bladder to never fully empty and to build up so much urine that it eventually “spills over”. Overflow incontinence happens most commonly with nerve diseases or after surgery.
Women with medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and others that interfere with physical movement, communication and thinking may experience a type of incontinence called functional incontinence that can effect both women and men. experience incontinence twice as frequently as men primarily due to pregnancy, childbirth and menopause. Pregnancy causes hormonal changes and as the uterus increases in weight, the organ may put pressure on the bladder and lead to stress incontinence. Childbirth, especially vaginal delivery, weakens the muscles required for urine control, such as the sphincter, and may contribute to incontinence symptoms. Menopause drastically decreases estrogen production, which normally keeps the urethra and bladder lining healthy and strong.
Incontinence itself is not a syndrome or condition, but rather a symptom of underlying weak urinary tract muscles or damage in the urinary tract or the nerves that control urination. Childbirth or weight gain may contribute to stress incontinence. Urge incontinence may be governed by more inherent factors such as emotional stress, brain damage, or neurological diseases like Parkinson’s Disease.
Do You Want To Get Your “Groove” Back?
Besides experiencing more pleasure the O-shot will:
- Increase intimate sensation
- Heighten sexual arousal and libido
- Tighten the vaginal opening
- Increase vaginal lubrication
- Decrease painful intercourse
- Create stronger and more frequent orgasms
- Increase vaginal sensation to facilitate vaginal orgasm
- Improve responsiveness of the “G-Spot”
- Improve bladder control
- Reduce urinary incontinence
Who Can Benefit From The O-Shot
- If you find that becoming aroused and enjoying sex is not as easy as it used to be
- If you notice that decreased vaginal sensation blocks you enjoyment of sex
- If orgasm seem like the “impossible dream”
The O-Shot at Center for Wellness MD uses Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) which is extracted from your own blood, spun in a specialized centrifuge to isolate platelets and growth factors. After preparation this “liquid gold” is introduced into the clitoris and the vaginal wall under the bladder and at the G-spot. The O-Shot adds volume to the treated area, which can immediately increase sensation and sensitivity. Injections are quick and our patients experience little pain, if any, because we carefully numb the treatment area before the treatment injections.
Over the next several weeks after the O-Shot the PRP triggers a healing response in the genital area. This healing process triggers collagen rejuvenation, increases lubrication by increasing small blood vessels, and improves sensation by stimulating nerve repair.
The PRP O-Shot can also help relieve urinary incontinence.
What Can Aviva Do?
- Correct labial hypertrophy—reduce enlarged labia and stop the pain associated with exercise, sex and even certain types of underwear.
- Reduce large labia that can cause an embarrassing and bulky appearance in underwear or swimsuits.
- Even out labial asymmetry when there’s a bothersome differences between the size of the labia.
- Increase vulvar sensation by tightening the looseness of skin around the clitoris and the clitoral hood.
- Eliminate bladder dribbling by shrinking loose skin around the vaginal opening.
- Smooth the appearance of the vulva by making the labia minora lips smaller than the labia majora.
Aviva can be combined with Votiva and the O-Shot for vaginal tightening, relieving vaginal dryness and improving urinary incontinence. It can be combined with Fractora to plump and restore a more youthful appearance to the vulvar area.
How is Aviva Different?
Traditional labiaplasty surgery reduces the size of the labia by removing excess skin. Like all surgeries, labiaplasty involves stitches, long incisions, and weeks of healing. Aviva avoids all of that. Aviva is a minimally invasive procedure offering a non-surgical alternative to surgery. With Aviva, an innovative probe delivers radiofrequency (heat energy) to the skin and mucosa of the vulva to shrink genital tissue. It is designed for use in our office to reduce the size of the labia. In just 29 minutes the procedure can tighten collagen and over several weeks, reduce the size of the vulvar tissues.